Lake District Retreats (See our Facebook page – Lake District Retreats) have fabulous courses running this year. I will be cooking you some mouthwatering dishes which include some of Cumbria’s fine ingredients, and includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and some tasty treats mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
A typical day begins after breakfast with a morning session; an hour or so for lunch, Afternoon session. We break for 2 to 2.5hrs for dinner then a short evening session of up to 1.5hrs. Midweek we’ll venture into town and take in some of the stunning scenery around the town and river, a delicious packed lunch is provided.
We have some extremely talented tutors including Natalie Burns and Celia Burbush.
Spaces are limited in these stunning properties so early booking is advised.
14th – 18th January 2019 – Creative Journaling in the footsteps of the Poets
The retreat is being held in the stunning Grade 1 listed Greta Hall, Keswick. What a delight to stay in this property where Coleridge, Ruskin, and Wordsworth wrote some of their inspiring works.
- After a short look at the benefits of journaling you will examine a wide range of resources to choose the right journal and the right materials for you.
- We will explore the different kinds of writing you can do and talk about the benefits of doing the different techniques.
- You will learn how to create interest and variety in your pages developing the possibilities of journaling and looking at the ways in which we can incorporate writing into everyday life.
- As a group there will be the chance to delve into the secrets to personalising and sustaining your journal, learning lots of creative techniques using a range of art materials.
- The week will be full of practical sessions and you will have fun alongside knowledgeable and supportive teachers.
3rd – 7th June 2019 – Creative Arts Course.
Early Summer we are holding a Creative Arts Retreat at the beautiful Georgian property The Fitz, Cockermouth. A full on, four night break with breakfast, lunch and dinner included along with some tasty treats with morning coffee and afternoon tea.
An inspiring building in its own area of parkland offers some fabulous opportunities for artists.
- All will be welcomed at this programme of creative art activities.
- Beginners will receive tuition and encouragement.
- More experienced artists will have time and space to develop practice, experiment with materials in a luxurious Lakeland retreat with delicious food using fresh local produce.
- All food, accommodation and activities included. Art materials provided for beginners but artists are also welcome to bring some of their own materials that they like to use.
- Although a full programme is planned there is no requirement to attend all sessions so participants are able to take advantage of an afternoon for local sightseeing if they wish to.
- Other guests are welcome to share with partners or friends and enjoy the food and accommodation with a % reduction.
- The location is ideally situated in the heart of the western Lake District.
Send an email enquiry for full details to firstname.lastname@example.org